Asanka Media Fellowship is a week-long communication training initiative of Center for Health Education and Vulnerable Support (CHEVS) under her TECH4PRIDE program. This initiative is set to improve digital literacy, branding and advocacy for youth-led organizations and young activists in Nigeria, by empowering them with digital skills for online advocacy and organizational development.
Under this initiative, CHEVS is providing a five-day digital communications support to youth-led organization and activists through pieces of trainings. During this training, there will be opportunity to teach, learn, exchange and interact with non-profit communication experts on how to utilize digital tools for organization’s branding and media representation, and beneficiaries will be exposed to a wide range of digital literacy, and cybersecurity fundamentals.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
– Web-based text and social media
– The art and purpose of infographics
– Video and Digital storytelling
– Audience segmentation
– Participants are able to understand and identify full characteristics of topics addressed
– Participants will learn how to incorporate digital arguments into their work
– Participants are exposed to the multimodalities that are relevant to their work
– Participants will understand the concept of transfer, especially creating transitions from text to image
– Participants will find new ways of viewing digital materials, as an argument and not just as a sharable product
– Training will last for a period of five days, using three hours on each day
– Training will be based on digital literacy theories and resource materials
– Training will be through ZOOM
– Must identify as youth-led organization/activist
– Must live in Nigeria
– Must have access to power supply, internet and a computer
To apply for this opportunity, click HERE and fill the application.